Thursday, April 7, 2011

When 4 year olds attack....

Seriously, the thinking process of my kids blows me away.... They are WAY to smart for my own good.

I send the kids to their bedroom to clean it up.

About 5 minutes goes by and the following conversation ensues....


AJ : Mom!!! Come here please?? We need to talk...

Me: (thinking whatever he has to say can NOT be good...) Hold on, I'm on my way...

( I find my child standing in his doorway... pictured above)

AJ: Mom, I just really don't feel like cleaning my room today.

Me: Tough cookies, clean it up... Now... It was not a request.

AJ: Why do I need to CLEAN it, when I'm just going to PLAY in it again??? Huh???

(not sure where he gets his sass from...)


Take a breath, it wasn't THAT funny! Do you want to hear the rest of the story or not???
ok... here we go...


Me: AJ, just clean you room... now...

AJ: Im just gonna play with my toys again when I'm done, and then the room will be dirty again, so WHY do I have to clean it???

Me: Because I don't feel like SWIMMING through your toys to get to your bed in the middle of the night when you wake up calling for me.... CLEAN.YOUR.ROOM!

He then looks at me like he's deep in thought, cocks his head to the side and says

Mom, you can't swim in here... there isn't any water....


Aj -1
Mom - 0


Consequently.... he cleaned his room... but not without first applying for the captain of the debate team at harvard... I swear he needs to go to law school...

3 comments:

  1. Yep. That indeed sounds like an AJ kind of thing to say. It will be fun to see what Monkey comes up with...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You don't know where they get their sass from??? Really??? Hmmmm ..... Their smarts too! I seem to remember a little girl who wrote a note to her 2nd grade teacher ..... "Dear techer, please don't make Christy play today. Her trot hurts. Signed, Mom" ......... hmmmmm ..... yea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. *I* know where he gets his sass from - from Nini! Just sayin'

    ReplyDelete